Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Blog Post #2

 I was unaware that the Supreme Court actually works in private.  Most court cases are very public so whenever I hear the word "court" I think of a public trial.  Never knew that the Supreme Court works in private.  I think the most important thing about the Supreme Court is that they are primarily responsible to the law and to uphold the constitution.  Unfortunately, we haven't always seen this when it comes to trials.  

There have definitely been some instances where our justice system has failed us at times and people have gotten away with things they shouldn't have gotten away with.  It's important that the most powerful court of them all upholds the constitution and gives everyone a fair trial.  This video really made me respect the Supreme Court.  There has been so many times in my lifetime where people have been either wrongly accused of something or have gotten away with something due to not receiving a fair trial.  When it comes to the Supreme Court I feel like that isn't going to happen.  The Supreme Court's number one duty is to sustain the Constitution.  The Supreme Court also takes on the biggest cases possible so after watching this video I can definitely say I have gained a lot of respect for the Supreme Court.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

3 HPU Club Sports You May Not Be Aware Of

3 HPU Club Sports You May Not Be Aware Of  T hree club sports at High Point University that's worth checking out By: Nick Gonnella Q New...