Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Blog Post #1


 The first place I go to in order to receive news on sports would be Bleacher Report.  Bleacher Report is an app that gives the latest news updates on literally everything sports.  The way it works is you create a profile, and choose from a long list of things that you would like to be kept up to date with.  Personally, I'm a huge fan of baseball, basketball, football, as well as boxing and MMA.  so I choose to be updated on news from all those sports as well as my favorite team and fighters for each individual sport.  You can even go as far as getting updates on things such as sports video games or new basketball sneakers that will be coming out soon.  It's a good app that I recommend all sports fans to download.  





The place I go to in order to get news about whats going on in the world is The Daily Wire.  The Daily Wire is one of the fastest growing media companies in the country.  They have well know media personnel like Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens, Matt Walsh, Michael Knowles and so on.  The Daily Wire for the most part is a conservative news outlet but people like Candace Owens bring people on her show that'll argue the other side of things which is why I like the Daily Wire so much.  Its's very hard nowadays to find a news outlet that argues both sides and I think it's very important for media to do that more often so that the people can form their own opinions.  



Another place I go to get my news on anything in terms of sports, world events, and pop culture is Youtube.  Youtube in my personnel opinion is the best way to get news if used correctly.  There are a lot of different people on Youtube that talk about things going on in the world and a lot of them aren't credible.  It's important not to get your information from some random person that has only a thousand subscribers because those are the people that are most likely supplying you with bias information.  All big organizations like the Daily Wire for example have a youtube channel that post videos that are exclusively for Youtube.  It's pretty much just another way to receive news from every big organizations about literally anything.   

Another app I use to get news is Instagram.  Kinda like Youtube, Instagram if used correctly could be a good app for all sorts of news.  Personally I use Instagram to get news like when my favorite movies will be coming out, when certain albums will be released, and to hear clips of my favorite athletes interviews.  Some of the accounts that I follow for news like this are ESPNmma, Rap, Netflix etc.   I think Instagram can be good for world news as well but a lot of people, especially young people, tend to just believe anything they see despite it not coming from credible sources so you just have to be careful with where you get your information from on Instagram.                                      
Lastly, I get most of my news from my parents.  My parents are much more in tune with whats going on in the world today so whenever I hear about something I go to them in order to get more clarity on the subject.  My parents watch a lot of TV and  listen to a lot of these political figure's shows, like Candace Owens, Mike Lindell, Tucker Carlson, Tom Llamas etc.  They listen to a lot of experts on both the right and left side which helps them form there opinion which is why I like hearing what they have to say when it comes to politics.  












No comments:

Post a Comment

3 HPU Club Sports You May Not Be Aware Of

3 HPU Club Sports You May Not Be Aware Of  T hree club sports at High Point University that's worth checking out By: Nick Gonnella Q New...